22ND OCTOBER, 2014
TO: ALL SPORTS EDITORS
MR. ALEX TETTEH HEADS 7 MEMBER IMC FOR GHANA AMPUTEE FOOTBALL
[dropcap]F[/dropcap]ollowing a meeting between the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the Ghana Amputee Football Association (GAFA), the Executive President for Centre of Employment for Persons with Disability Mr. Alex Tetteh, has been elected as the Chairman of a seven member Interim Management Committee (IMC) to streamline the activities of GAFA from now to January, 2015.
Other members of the Committee include,
- Rev. Richard Nii A. Adesah – Ghana Amputee Football Association (GAFA)
- Hon. Wisdom Yemeni
- Mr. Theodore Viawortor
- Mr. Kuku Dsane – Treasurer National Paralympics
- Mr. Philip Ritcheter
- Mr. Eric Kissi
The Committee has been tasked among other things to administer the activities of GAFA until new executives are elected in January 2015.
A three member Constitutional Committee chaired by the President of the National Paralympic Committee of Ghana, Bishop Cornelius Adja Cofie (NPC) has also been formed to draft a constitution for the Ghana Amputee Football Association.
The other members include;
- Francis Adjetey Sowah – Vice President, NPC
- Mr. Ignatius Elletey – General Secretary of NPC.
The Ministry of Youth and Sports wishes to state that the, Constitutional Committee has up to January 2015 to submit its report after which it will be dissolved.
- The only body recognized by the Ministry of Youth and Sports, responsible for Amputee Football in Ghana is the Ghana Amputee Football Association.
The media can contact Mr. Tetteh on 0244620971.
HEAD, PUBLIC RELATIONS